About Hotel Kansas City
Warm and bespoke, our hotel and service bridge the gap between neighbor and traveler, through a common love of the city’s spirit. Built on a culture of community, Hotel Kansas City is a platform that celebrates local musicians, distillers, entrepreneurs, and performers alike. We invite you to uncover a Kansas City adventure of your own within the walls of the hotel, inspiring a sense of extraordinary freedom.
The Kansas City Club, established in 1882, was one of the Midwest’s premier social clubs. The club was originally organized for the “purpose of cultivating social and business associations among the leading business professionals in Kansas City.” For the next 80 years, the club stood in the heart of Kansas City’s downtown business district. Throughout its 15 floors, the establishment housed meeting rooms, handball courts, a gym, restaurants, bowling alley, and 160 private hotel rooms. The 13th floor featured a five-lane swimming pool, while the top floor welcomed members to an open terrace restaurant. Some of the more notable individuals associated with the club include Harry S. Truman, Dwight D. Eisenhower, General Omar Bradley, and Ewing Kauffman. Early members helped shape the social and economic landscape of Kansas City.
Where members of the Kansas City Club once recharged, Hotel Kansas City now sets a new standard for grand hospitality in Kansas City and beyond.
- Originally one of the premier social clubs in the Midwest, the hotels now features 144 total guestrooms and 15 suites.
- Situated on the front steps of Kansas City’s renowned Power and Light Entertainment District, and less than one block to the Kansas City Convention Center, and two blocks from the Kauffman Performing Arts Center and T-Mobile Center.
- Public local transportation, including the KC Streetcar, is a block outside the door and the hotel is a 20-minute drive from Kansas City International Airport.
- Four dining establishments, which include The Town Company, Lobby Bar, Lobby Market and opening in 2021 El Gold
- 24-hour fitness facilities featuring The Original Peloton Bike
- Comprehensive concierge services
- Pet-friendly hotel accommodations
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- All rooms have in-room safes as well as refrigerators
- Valet Parking with unlimited in and out privileges is available for $30 per night
- Check-In: 3 pm & Check-Out: 12pm